Positive Intelligence

Grow your Mental Fitness

Did you know: 80% of employees and teams within most organizations are not achieving their true potential. What do the other 20% have that they don’t? Great Mental Fitness.

So is Positive Intelligence (PQ) all about results, achievement at work? It’s so much more than that. As Shirzad Chamine, founder and Stanford lecturer says: “​Mental Fitness is the ability to respond to life’s challenges with a positive rather than a negative mindset and make changes in a sustainable way.” This applies to both your working environment ánd your personal life.

10 Saboteurs, 5 Sage Powers

Practicing Positive Intelligence is based on one framework: the Saboteur – Sage framework. Where your Saboteurs – motivated by negative emotions such as fear or anger – might generate success, they don’t give you happiness. Your Sage Powers – motivating you through positive emotions such as empathy and curiosity – generate your highest success and sustained happiness. 

Three strategies to grow your mental fitness

How can you increase your mental fitness and reach your desired level of happiness and performance? Unfortunately, you can’t achieve this by just reading this article. You’ll need to put in time and effort; lasting positive change requires 20% insight, and 80% mental muscle. Reading a marathon training schedule isn’t going to get you over the finish line, you need to actually do all that training! It’s the same for your mental fitness. Are you ready to start training your brain muscles?

These three strategies will help you reach your goal:

  1. Weaken your Saboteurs​
  2. Strengthen your Sage​
  3. Strengthen self-command (Build your PQ brain muscles)​

It starts with awareness

Because personal development starts with awareness, why not try and get to know your own mental Saboteurs? You can do the free online Saboteur assessment on Shirzad’s website.

Check list: Is the PQ program for you?

If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, this program may be exactly what you’ve been looking for!

  • I am feeling the effects of increased stress and uncertainty
  • I would like to relax more and work less
  • I find myself not moving forward as fast as I know I can
  • I procrastinate more than I should
  • I beat myself up for things that are outside of my control
  • I judge myself and others harshly
  • I continue to be frustrated by the same things that challenge me
  • I take on the stress of others I know or I hear about on the news
  • I have moved from overloaded to overwhelmed
  • I am not as open-minded as I would like to be
  • I am ready for some guided help

Taking clear headed action

Would you like to dive deeper into Positive Intelligence or explore the opportunities a high mental fitness can bring to your employees and organization? Have a look at these new resources:

  • The Positive Intelligence Book. Available in English and Dutch (as from 15-06-21)​
  • Positive Intelligence Program (Incompany)

Schouten Global​ Incompany Positive Intelligence Program

Give your employees the gift of increased mental fitness, happiness and high performance.

  • Kick off by Schouten Global facilitator​
  • 6 weeks duration – 1 hour group coaching​
  • Watch 1-hour weekly video
  • 15 minutes/day of practice on the app​
  • Read the first 8 chapters of the Positive Intelligence book ​
  • Through the app, Shirzad is your mental fitness coach for an entire year​

If you are interested in the program or have any further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at  + 31 (0) 418 68 85 58 (NL)​, or drop us an email: advice@schoutenglobal.com.